From low lying lake land to high desert mountains. The air is super clear and a little thin, dry, smells of sage, pine, and possible snow.
For me, familiar land. For most of my family, unfamiliar. On the trail this morning I thought of Ruth and Naomi and their journey. The blessings I receive in a house or job doesn't matter so much. What does matter is how I'm blessed through my relationships that are held together by my kinsman redeemer.
Thank you God for the relationships you've given me that provide hope, security, strength, and love. And thank you for sending my kinsman redeemer, your son.
But Ruth replied, "Don't try to make me leave you and go back. Where you go I'll go. Where you stay I'll stay. Your people will be my people. Your God will be my God. Where you die I'll die. And there my body will be buried. I won't let anything except death separate you from me. If I do, may the Lord punish me greatly."
Ruth 1:16-17

So glad to see you back! :) The mountains look beautiful. Through your eyes I can see a view of what Jake is seeing at school. I pray that as you get settled there that God will give you His peace and guidance each step of the way. I think of you often!
ReplyDelete