Sunday, September 6, 2009

Transformation takes time.

Family walking sticks take time. Shave off the bark, work away the knots, sand down the rough edges. It takes time. The result is something that can be carved into and used for intentional purpose.
It isn't all about the end product. The process brings its own work of art and beauty, its own intentions. If only I can notice the beauty in the process; the whittling away of my layers.
For God loves me in the process of transformation, just as I am.

Thank you God for your transforming power. Take me as I am, transform me, use me for your purpose. Let what has been shaved off of me be a witness to those who are ready to begin a journey themselves. I am thankful to you for the process.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we,who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory which comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
2Corinthians 3:17-18



No comments:

Post a Comment