Thursday, August 27, 2009

Season of Change

Scared, relieved, apprehensive, exhausted, hopeful. Does that fit our faces? She had been waiting for so very long for me to come. Moments before this photo was taken we were standing in a run down, moldy, dark orphanage - this day - one year ago. The little one outside waving goodbye is unknown to me but she went back in, waiting I'm sure for someone to come take her home. I wanted to take them all home that day. I was overwhelmed by what had God had done in bringing us to our daughter. All that time, all that distance, all that waiting, all the faith steps we took are fresh in my mind but so much has changed. I had news today that the orphanage is overflowing with children due to tough economic times in the area. More suffering, waiting children.
So, change, waiting, and periods of adjustment seem to be the theme for us in August. What does God have in store for us this year? We are waiting to find out, waiting, trying to not ask why.


Today though, we just celebrate our family of four, established August, 2008!


God thank you for my daughter, for the changes you initiate, and the patience you demand. Forgive me for my questioning and lack of patience. Take our lives and reform them into what you want. We will try and not ask why.


But with you there is forgiveness so that we can, with reverence serve you. I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Psalm 130:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment