Monday, August 17, 2009

Rough Water




This day has one good thing about it...it is almost over. We feel much like the water out there, rough. In the allegory Hinds' Feet in High Places, Much Afraid learns that there are beautiful songs in the valley as well as in high places. The high places are just a starting point to go down into the lowest places. I shouldn't have a continuous desire to get out of the low places but learn to hear all the beautiful songs that are in the valley. Someday, if I learn the language of love, His love, I'll be able to "mount to the High Places swifter than eagles, for it is only up on the High Places of Love that anyone can receive the power to pour themselves down in an utter abandonment of self-giving."
"For you shall go out...with joy, and be led forth...with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands:
Isaiah 55:12
God, help me to hear the beautiful songs in the valley. I give myself to you to do whatever you want. Thank you for this difficult situation we are in. I want to know you for who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment