Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dragonfly Faith

It must have been an hour that their attention was focused on it.

Katya wanted to keep it, make it "part of our family". I told her that it would fly away the moment you let it. She thought not, put it on the little branch above her head, and flew away herself. The next morning I witness her saying "good morning, how are you little one?" It was still on that same tiny little branch, couldn't have been a different dragonfly. She seemed unsurprised, took it into her hands and gave me a look of forgiveness even though I said it wouldn't be there tomorrow.



Tomorrow. Why do I try to see it, predict it, tell others what it will be like? Because I can't see it, or predict it, and I don't know what it will be like!
I don't know where the 5 legged dragonfly will be tomorrow, but God does.
I don't need to know all about tomorrow, I just need to pray.

Do not be anxious about anthing, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. too often our fear makes us want to control the next thing.. instead of having faith that it will be as it should be - whatever that may mean... thanks for your blog being a pop-up in my life to remind me to wait and see... Sandy

    ReplyDelete