Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blessings in the Valley
















Dare to share...a friend recently asked my son if I was still alive, so I pondered the idea of sharing out loud what I'm going through these days. Not that what I'm doing has any great significance; but any new experience shared with others can be a wonderful thing. I guess maybe "new experience" doesn't quite describe moving for us but this time things are different.
We don't know where we are going. Do we ever?
"He went out, not knowing where he was going."
Hebrews 11:8
We think we do... "hey Mom, I'm moving from Wyoming to California, we are moving from California to Colorado, we are moving from Colorado to California...we are moving to Fargo, North Dakota from California, we are moving from Fargo to ???
I'd like to believe and not have an intense need to know where I'm going to be living a month from now. I'd like my trust in the Lord to be so real that I just go on about my days like the little birdies. And then it would be so great to have that trust manifest itself in a way that is conducive to being a nuturing mother and a supportive wife. But...I'm kind of whiny and find myself with situational depression.


I have to pack up my life. I can take the boxes of stuff but I can't take the door frame that documents 5 years of my kids' growth with me to.. wherever.


I can take our lawn furniture, but I can't take the view from my kitchen window.















I can take the truth with me.
My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace, nor even blessing, but Himself, my God. Oswald Chambers












No comments:

Post a Comment